This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey doesn't talk to me!

Received my Homey. Installed it like Emile instructed. Everything went fine but, Homey doesn't say anything to me. Asked "OK Homey, what time is it?". Homey listens (Yellow and White lights) Then went back to sleep! So I still have to look on my watch.
Did I do something wrong (I installed also Dutch as language, but that doesn't help).

Comments

• Same here. It does respond to "wikipedia subject" and to "play adele hello". But not to "what time is it" "what is the time" "hoe laat is het" or just " time ".
  • Thnx BramSloot. Your link to github is not the problem. Homey reacts on my "OK Homey" and even plays music from a flow I made. But doesn't give me an answer when I ask "OK Homey, what time is it?". Emile wrote that this is a already programmed (out of the box) speech command. So it should have to work.
  • Same problem here.
    1. OK Homey sometimes is not available for 30 seconds.
    2. When the speech has been processed ( white ring stops) nothing is happening, doesn't start flows, turn on lights etc.
    It's a problem i guess everybody is experiencing.
  • Thnx BramSloot. Your link to github is not the problem. Homey reacts on my "OK Homey" and even plays music from a flow I made. But doesn't give me an answer when I ask "OK Homey, what time is it?". Emile wrote that this is a already programmed (out of the box) speech command. So it should have to work.
    I had the same problem. I fixed it by reinstalling the English voice.
  • PeterGroeneweg Thnx for your reaction. I turned the prefered language bbaqck to English and the selected voice to Brian and that did the trick. Homey does talk back to me. I think the problem was that Dutch (language and voices) is not working correct yet. 
  • I ment back of course and not bbaqck
  • Good to hear!
    Dutch is indeed just in beta, not official yet.
  • My homey has never Gif a answer to anything I ask i switch multipe time's of language and stil nothing if i type somthing in "/manager/speech-output" thats the only way that homey talks i have reset the home without loosing data still noting 
  • After the first problems Homey does talk (a lot) to me!
    @TarikFalk Did you train youir voice properly? Even (again) after you performed a reset? For the time beeing its better to use only the English language.
    I know there are some problems but I understand that Athom is fixing them as we speek!
  • @MoritsDryter Ok homey works fine it only never says somethings back like when i ask the time or somthing
  • I have the same issue; with the "Parrot" flow, it will respond pretty perfectly what I say, but any other flow or built-in command is never triggered.

Same goes when I input the speech in /manager/speech-input ; it will never trigger any flow, except for the parret flow, when I enable that one. 

It did work earlier in the week, so somewhere down the line speech processing stopped working.
  • @TarikFaik Keep trying. To me Homey does tell me what time it is
  • A reset and erase fixed that for me. I think it's the problem that's delaying 0.8.18
  • @MarcoVanDenHout  do i lose all my zwave connections if i delete all data?
  • TarikFaik said:
    @MarcoVanDenHout  do i lose all my zwave connections if i delete all data?
    yeah, i just did a reset, for the reset everything worked fine (voice) but after the reset nothing works (voice).
  • TarikFaikTarikFaik Member
    edited February 2016
    @wvanderspek ;
    So no reset for me I thought the zwave connections Wil be saved on te zwave chip so it will not be lost after a reset 
  • I think a reset and wipe pretty much brings Homey back to factory default, but I don't have any z-wave devices yet so don't know for sure. In my experience after a wipe my apps, flows, devices and settings are gone.
  • I thought there was a backup function. surely after a factory reset you can load the backup. Or is this kind of data not part of the backup?
  • I don't believe the back-up function is ready yet, see https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/10944/#Comment_10944

• after my reset i got the question if i wanted to start all over again (new config) or load an older config.

i started with a new one because i had a problem with unpairing a z-wave device.
  • When you do a reset by turning Homey upside-down, it hasn't cleared the settings yet. The setup wizard will ask if you want to do a complete wipe or restart with the existing settings (except for the Wifi settings which you will have to enter again). 
    A back-up function I imagine would be like a way to export your flows and settings so it would be easier to get them back after you did a complete wipe (or change of Homey hardware?), saving some clicks...
  • I find that homey stops talking when I create a more than one flow. To get it working again I have to delete all but one flow and restart homey.