This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Bought My Homey from Marktplaats yesterday - The Story

2»

Comments

• edited February 2016
    @MarcoF ;; when @wvanderspek ;; and me were testing at his place last week we noticed Homey seems to reacts to your voice best when you talk with a calm voice. When you start shouting or begin fooling around with crazy voices Homey doesn't listen very well (yet). But when talking calm Homey reponds very well.

Even to my voice, although the speech configuration / callibration was done by @wvanderspek ;;

@Vincent in my case it seemed even for Homey responding to "OK Homey"  or " Hey Homey" , but it seems to be more natural to say Hey homey instead of OK Homey for some reason.
  • I have lots of milight bulbs , in th beginning it worked all as it Should be.
    after a reset ( because I had Some problems with voicecommands) the voice is ok , but now I can't get any device going, the bulbs seems installed On homey.if I give the command " hey homey, turn On all the lights" there is a reaction and homey is saying "Turing lights On" but Nothing happends. I have Some klikaanklikuit devices and hè dous not recognise these devices ,I can not pair them. Waiting for the update is the only solution I suppose :-(
  • i just ordered 7 hue lightbulbs and a controller (starter pack and 4 bulbs) they will arrive on monday. We want to test with multiple devices/solutions. A year (or so) ago i had bought a pack of hue lights, but my wife could hear a high pitch noise. After some research it was clear this was from the philips hue light bulbs. The sound (for her) was only noticeable when the lights were turned off (so power connected but from the hue app the lights were turned off). But now i can simply disconnect the power so that won't be a problem. offcourse i don't tell her that i just ordered some but simply test if she notice it. (and no not with a colourfull house at first) 
  • the next video is online: 

• the next video is online: 

Ok when adding the device you can choose what kind of device is in the socket, so yes you can choose light so then the socket will be turned on or off!
  • Great videos, thanks!  :)
  • Ok so now i have something strange, i had to reset my home because of some z-wave problems. But after the reset, homey responds to hey homey... than i say turn all the lights off. the ring becomes white. and then turns to the rainbowcolours.. So no voice command work anymore... @emile any ideas?
  • ReflowReflow Member
    edited February 2016
    Reflow said:
    Really nice video! Your kind of house looks almost the same as mine (have the tv on the other side of the house, close to the backdoor. What are you using for your lights? Hue or Kaku transmitters?
    For now i use KAKU and the greenwave socket to power my lights, but now (as in right now) i am adding a Mi-light controller with two bulbs in the kitchen (i have ordered 9 lamps in total, but china so can take some time).
    Do you still have the link? I can't make my choise between Hue or Mi-Lights.. Using KaKu behind the switches as well right now..
  • Ok so now i have something strange, i had to reset my home because of some z-wave problems. But after the reset, homey responds to hey homey... than i say turn all the lights off. the ring becomes white. and then turns to the rainbowcolours.. So no voice command work anymore... @emile any ideas?
    Welcome to the wonderwond that's called homey :) 
  • Is the interval setting necessary on every node? In HomeSeer only polling of the 'root' or main node is enough to update all the sub node values.
  • That was just a test because the power consumption did not show up in the insights graphs.
  • About the controller for the mi-lights , is this necessary or can homey control the mi-lights without the controller ?
  • Reading the app description I think you are gonna need the HUB:

" Homey will connect with your WiFi receiver to control the lights."
  • poc said:
    About the controller for the mi-lights , is this necessary or can homey control the mi-lights without the controller ?
    yeah you need a wifi controller for this. 
  • Ok i fixed the voice problem. simply setting the language to dutch an install a new voice. then set it back to english en install a us voice so i could delete brian (english) and everything started working again.
  • I post this question here, because otherwise there will be to many new topics on this forum. 

But is it possible to turn the lights on for 20 minutes (or so) in a flow.

So somebody comes home at night, it is dark, and opens the livingroom door. There is a KAKU sensor on that door that sends a signal to homey, and then i want all the lights in the livingroom to turn on, but for a period of time (20 minutes or so) so when we leave the room the lights will eventually turn of. is this possible? because i couldn't find any options for this.
  • I post this question here, because otherwise there will be to many new topics on this forum. 

But is it possible to turn the lights on for 20 minutes (or so) in a flow.

So somebody comes home at night, it is dark, and opens the livingroom door. There is a KAKU sensor on that door that sends a signal to homey, and then i want all the lights in the livingroom to turn on, but for a period of time (20 minutes or so) so when we leave the room the lights will eventually turn of. is this possible? because i couldn't find any options for this.
    Together with turning on the light set a delayed variable (with the timer icon). For example Lights = off. Then make a second flow that responds to the variable change of Lights and when it is off, turn them off.
  • ok i figured this out, you can simply add turn of the same lights with a delay of xx minutes. It works like a charm!
This discussion has been closed.