This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Bought My Homey from Marktplaats yesterday - The Story

Hi,

So last monday, a friend was browsing the internet and stumbled upon a Homey!, it was the geek edition, and the better thing was it was in my hometown. So i placed a bid and 2 days later (yesterday) i picked it up. So here is a review, i simply list everything that i found out and what didn't work. If there is already a bug report for it, it is simply a list of the problems and my opinion of the  Homey.

So First, the homey itself looks nice, the problem with the powercable (homey will not stand right, if you don't bend the powercable) is easily fixable. 
The installation works very easy and it was all done in i think 10-15 minutes.
I have a mixture of devices:
- Klik aan klik uit dimmers and switches
- Klik aan Klik uit remote control
- Klik aan Klik uit door sensors
- Action switches
- Z-wave sockets (6 plugs)
- Z-wave smokedetector
- Somfy Blinds

So adding the devices works very easy, but i have trouble adding the somfy blinds, after a short search i found out there is a problem with the reach of the antenna (software problem) so i will add these later.

Klik aan klik uit devices are very easy to add
The Z-wave sockets had to be resetted but after that they were added. But here is a problem that they become unavailable after some time, later in the evening i set the device polling on 60 seconds after that it was a bit better. But also this will be fixed in the upcoming update.

So i tried to make a flow with the door sensors, so when it was past sunset and the door was openen, homey had to turn the lights on and say Welcome home, here is some light. But when de door opens nothing happens. We tried multiple settings but all had the same results. So maybe this is a bug.

The voice control works good, when i am standing around 10 meters away from the homey everything stil works. But i noticed that Hey homey, works better than Ok Homey!.

The Soundcloud app is nice, but when i asked to play a song, homey decided to play the Dick Song.. we had a laugh as you can imagine.

So yes, there is work to do but i am really surprised and think that with some age the homey can be a must have for every Automated Home.

Comments

• We had great fun indeed last night! Cannot wait for my Homey to arrive :smile:  :+1: 
    I was really surprised by how smooth the Homey works, very good job Atom.
    Ofcourse there are bugs to fix, but I'm really positive this product is gonna be really awesome!
  • Do you have any video / photos? Im looking forward to see some footage!
  • wvanderspekwvanderspek Member
    edited February 2016
    scocz said:
    Do you have any video / photos? Im looking forward to see some footage!
    I will make some this weekend when i will continue to setup the Homey! and add more devices.

Any specific topics i have to film/photograph?
  • Yes when you have maybe  Hue lamps and a fibaro motion sensor how it works together. Thats were  really fantastic. Thanks you
  • I'd really like to see the zwave 6 node configured and working in a video. I assume this is a Greenwave product?
  • edited February 2016
    That's correct @Phuturist, @wvanderspek is using greenware 6 node plugs. They show used kWh per socket, not actual usage in Watts per socket. That's a shame. But switching them on / off works good.

@brot84 Wilco doesn't have a Fibaro Motion Sensor or Hue lights... I've got them but I do not have my Homey yet, so I will not exclude them from the configuration I currently use in Domoticz yet.
  • It's unbelieveable that forum members are on the forum for a long time, writing -asking- suggest a lot. Strongly looking forward to have a Homey,.....and when they have it,...........
    no photo's - some times one- no video- >>>> all of the sudden they have NO time anymore, when you look at all the Homey's that are in the field, and the amount of feedback ( photo- video etc) ....what is going on?
    All of the sudden thise seems to lose the enthousiatic view, approah,...or.....
  • Guess what, they are having fun with their Homey, so understandable that they do not have time :)
    I ensure you I will also behave like that :smile: 
  • Delta said:
    It's unbelieveable that forum members are on the forum for a long time, writing -asking- suggest a lot. Strongly looking forward to have a Homey,.....and when they have it,...........
    no photo's - some times one- no video- >>>> all of the sudden they have NO time anymore, when you look at all the Homey's that are in the field, and the amount of feedback ( photo- video etc) ....what is going on?
    In my case i have a wife that really likes to switch on the lights when she comes home at night. So i had a little pressure to complete some kind of configuration for that.. i will make a video or photo's this weekend when i have more time for that kind of stuff.
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited February 2016
    Delta said:
    I think it's the exact opposite... they spend a lot of time experimenting/playing with their Homey, so they don't have time for the forum anymore! Posting on the forum just becomes a much lower priority when you have a Homey at home that you can do so much with... only returning to the forum when something is NOT working. That's actually quite common for people... most users don't go to forums to post about all the things that go well, they only post about the things that go wrong.
    I'm actually very glad with @wvanderspek 's post, because it shows that there is quite a lot that IS working, so the negative view that some people have after the Homeys were shipped, is not entirely warranted.
  • Where is that nonsense coming from that people want to see photo's/video's from an unpacking? :s
    It is something what I don't understand.

• Where is that nonsense coming from that people want to see photo's/video's from an unpacking? :s
    It is something what I don't understand.

same here, I wanted to do it myself, like seeing someone else open your present :smile:  its just not the same as doing it yourself
  • @emile not to complain or anything but is there any indication when the new update will become available, i think dat many of the problems/bugs that i came across, are fixed in that update.
  • @emile not to complain or anything but is there any indication when the new update will become available, i think dat many of the problems/bugs that i came across, are fixed in that update.
    From @JeroenVollenbrock (here):
    "0.8.18 is currently being tested internally. If no blocking issues are found, it will hit the beta channel somewhere this week and the stable channel next week."
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited February 2016
    @Delta please stop hijacking this thread. As I mentioned in your other post there is no added value. Just as I accept your decision you should accept other people still have faith in the product.

Now back on topic. @RobertLijkendijk thanx for your response. I asked because I wanted to see the implementation of the 6 sockets in the Homey firmware. Is it registered as one device with 6 sensors?
  • Picked one up yesterday, activating homey to listen with Hey homey works, after that any voice command I try won't work.

When making a flow to get feedback of what Homey understands I always get some gibberish.

Is there a way to fix this problem, as it seems that some users have no problem with voice input.

My living room isn't that large, and there is no background sound.

• Phuturist said:
    @Delta please stop hijacking this thread. As I mentioned in your other post there is no added value. Just as I accept your decision you should accept other people still have faith in the product.

Now back on topic. @RobertLijkendijk thanx for your response. I asked because I wanted to see the implementation of the 6 sockets in the Homey firmware. Is it registered as one device with 6 sensors?
    Yes it is one device (when you add it) and then you have 7 Sockets, but the 7th looked like a master switch but when i use that one everything stays on except my lamp connected to the first socket. (so it looks like it is the same)
  • Panda said:
    Picked one up yesterday, activating homey to listen with Hey homey works, after that any voice command I try won't work.

When making a flow to get feedback of what Homey understands I always get some gibberish.

Is there a way to fix this problem, as it seems that some users have no problem with voice input.

My living room isn't that large, and there is no background sound.

Did you changed the language? when i changed the language to dutch everything stopped working. So i changed it back to English and that solved everything. I think the dutch language isn't ready yet!
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited February 2016
    Panda said:
    Homey microphone calibration is a known issue, that they are working on. Unfortunately, @Emile said it may take "4 - 8 weeks before it's considered `good`".

Did you changed the language? when i changed the language to dutch everything stopped working. So i changed it back to English and that solved everything. I think the dutch language isn't ready yet!
    Correct, Dutch is still a work in progress.

• Haven't tried Dutch yet, maybe if I switch to Dutch and back to English it will help a bit. Will try this tonight.
  • Yesterday i bought an homey allso from an geek here on the forum.
    After conecting it to wifi,  i had no problem to get homey on the go.
    I get my milight bulbs working like i should be.
    Homey has learned ir remote for my Samsung smart tv, but in a flow it's not working.

Exept for the bugs still to be solved i think it is gonna be wondrefull 
    Keep up the good work athom!!! 
  • Good to hear that the products that were sold via marktplaats and such now came into the correct people's hands and now work out just fine, apart from the known and solvable issues!
    we'll see in a month from now how the sw will be perfoming.
    can't wait for my bro to arrive..
  • So i promised to make some video's today. The first one is uploading right now. 

It is a test for the voice command, i hope you like it.

The second one is how to attache or link a greenwave power socket, but this one is a bit harder because when filming my socket seems to NOT reset itself, so will keep trying how to get it reset and then film a video how to add it to the homey.

But here is the first video with proof that the voicecommand works very well:

• So i promised to make some video's today. The first one is uploading right now. 

It is a test for the voice command, i hope you like it.

The second one is how to attache or link a greenwave power socket, but this one is a bit harder because when filming my socket seems to NOT reset itself, so will keep trying how to get it reset and then film a video how to add it to the homey.

But here is the first video with proof that the voicecommand works very well:

Really nice video! Your kind of house looks almost the same as mine (have the tv on the other side of the house, close to the backdoor. What are you using for your lights? Hue or Kaku transmitters?
  • Reflow said:
    Really nice video! Your kind of house looks almost the same as mine (have the tv on the other side of the house, close to the backdoor. What are you using for your lights? Hue or Kaku transmitters?
    For now i use KAKU and the greenwave socket to power my lights, but now (as in right now) i am adding a Mi-light controller with two bulbs in the kitchen (i have ordered 9 lamps in total, but china so can take some time).
  • Great to see your Homey is working "as expected"!
    Now the question is; Why is your Homey working and a lot of others have big issues to get it work.

So could you tell us more on what you configured on your Homey to get this work? did you make some flow or are you using the standard buildin feature to switch lights?

I also noticed you have a very deep voice sound, so maybe that's also helping?

• VincentVincent Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm impressed.
    Question: Doesn't the manual say it's 'OK Homey' or do you think 'Hey Homey' works better for you?
  • MarcoF said:
    Great to see your Homey is working "as expected"!
    Now the question is; Why is your Homey working and a lot of others have big issues to get it work.

So could you tell us more on what you configured on your Homey to get this work? did you make some flow or are you using the standard buildin feature to switch lights?

I also noticed you have a very deep voice sound, so maybe that's also helping?

I didn't do anything special, it is al the standard voice command no flows or anything. I didn't had time this week to configure it as i wanted so it is al basic functionality. Well that can be because it was a small night :-)

• Vincent said:
    I'm impressed.
    Question: Doesn't the manual say it's 'OK Homey' or do you think 'Hey Homey' works better for you?
    I tested with OK Homey but i noticed that Hey Homey works better, with OK Homey, Homey didn't respond most of the times. and now when i play the short movie i made on my laptop with the sound out of my laptop, homey also reacts...
  • So now i will drive to Robert to get a greenwave socket from him and find out what's wrong with mine. When the other socket is working i will make this video how to add it.
This discussion has been closed.