This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

I have cancelled my Homey order!

I have cancelled my Homey order! A bog step for me!

Because I have the choice to keep on waiting, planning, getting enthusiastic and disappointed. Or wait, till Athom improve themselves.
I made the choice to cancel my order..... And sent the message,.. "This is NOT the right way." And say NO to the ATHOM company, caused by the results so far!
In my opinion, ...This is NOT the way to sell a product and keep people on a hook.
Since Athom made the sign "Pre Order and delivery in January 2016" this is NO Kickstarter any more! This is real sale of a product!

My motivation so far:
* The hopeless communications by Athom
* The arrogant attitude of Athom especially by the way they communicate for over a year and in particular, the things they don't tell! 
* holding  many customers on a ‘next week’ idea. Every time it’s next week, or the week after, be positive and bla bla.
* We must be positive not to disturb the Fibe,… 
everybody who is with questions or critics is a ‘negative’ one. It seems to be that all the people who work at Athom work for €0- and they will stop working if we get the tears in their eyes! Or when somebody is telling that the product is, so far, not good! Grow Up!
* Athom is 'good' trying to shake off the fans of the first hour of themselves and Homey a bad start .A fan who is disapointedt dragging at least 50 potential clients with them
* From Nov 15 that I ordered,  Athom holds a sausage in front of the customers and always making promises they never keep. Homey is sent before X-mas, they told all of us, put it on Facebook that it will be sent! Without notice it  is just a week or two postponed. Are they important for Atom? How manny Homey's have been sent??they keep it misty, why? Reading on the forum, more back to may 2015, I think I see the same behaviour!
* The product that is delivered to several fans is in a very early state. Some mentioned a early design state! And it is incomprehensible that this is the current state of your Homey.
* The communication cable that was sent with the Homey almost let it turn over  and damage your Homey, if you don't take care! This is very very clumsy. The cable fit's in NOW way! Who is responsible and dare to be critical to the product inside Atom? Or is there a atmosphere were everybody is afraid to tell the truth! 
* The second hand Homey's fly around our ears
* The amount of Complaints about operation of Homey is serious!
* Complaints do not come from some unknown, but people, pro’s, who often have much sense of it. And when they had so complaints …they are real!
* In the mean time Athom does do other things for the future , but,…is Athom ready for this?  < Mediamarkt> ..Or should they better put the energy into  a good product on the market. A proper Invoice, good administration. A IOS app that works, video's
* When I mentioned Fibaro in the Forum, I was almost hanged by several because THIS (Homey) was from a different planet! 
Okay, Is this true??? 
* what is working?
Desktop program is it working perfect- NO
IOS  app                    ..              NO
Windows App ,,              NO
Homey ,,              NO
Atoms is not closely, No  ....... far far away! So what make some people say that it’s much better?

* Altogether, the pictures, video etc from the Kickstarter period, does not fit  with the picture that is presented to us, the time frame of delivery and the options available. Everything still nothing done or baby shoes!

This  really hurt my heart. It is incomprehensible, really unbelieveable that such a beautiful product is in this situation.

It happened relatively common in these types of companies. Nerts which started from enthusiasm and midge up something together with wires and resistors and then a jacket to do back and say, ... Ready! It works!
Yes it’s really working….That you, as a customer, have to press A button and launch a  SSR code, type in from 14:05<> 15:05 then has to  give a clear action, through a BPL link and then "do recall the lights on" at the same time playing an E7 chord on your piano or if you open the door. Without craziness, there apparently exists bring a big difference between the world of something ready / available on the market at Athom than for example Philips!

So, I and everybody,  have the choice to say STOP. This is telling also something about myself, I found it to ' tenen krommend" that It's better for me to focus on other things. I believe in the concept, so perhaps in one year,.....

Comments

• As you made a normal pre-order, not a Kickstarter commitment, it's entirely your right to make this decision. For your sake I just hope you won't regret it in the future, once the product has matured.
  • KyrosNLKyrosNL Member
    edited February 2016
    Same, canceled my preorder as well. I don't see any benefit to preorder. I won't get it sooner because they don't have a lot of preorders, so ordering when it's out will probably result in receiving the homey around the same time than preordering. Your money is on their bank, generating interest. Product might still be unusable after half a year.

Delta said:

* Altogether, the pictures, video etc from the Kickstarter period, does not fit  with the picture that is presented to us, the time frame of delivery and the options available. Everything still nothing done or baby shoes!

Homey back then didn't exists. It was a Raspberry board with a Homey shell. Emile openly admit it somewhere during a presentation. The video of the guy sitting on his couch requesting a star trek movie is entirely fake.

• KyrosNLKyrosNL Member
    edited February 2016
    Bumblez said:
    As you made a normal pre-order, not a Kickstarter commitment, it's entirely your right to make this decision. For your sake I just hope you won't regret it in the future, once the product has matured.
    Why regret, when the product has "matured" and actually works, you can buy it at the retailshops or order from athom ? O_O
  • I agree!
  • Oke, nice. And the exact reason for posting this to an online forum?

Constructive discussion etc are the main part of a forum, what does this contribute? 
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited February 2016
    You gotta love forums some will say.

Although I can understand your point of view I really dont see the added value of you posting your decision here other then adding to the negative atmosphere which doesnt do anyone any good. Why are you sharing this, do you want Athom to fail now that you cancelled your order? That would be so selfish to those who are a pre-order and patiently awaiting delivery and accepting things do go as planned and Athom as a start up is struggling to keep their (potential) customers in the loop.

• There seems to be a fibe that everybody has to be positive.  We have seen what "being postive" has result to!! Or are we blind!! Soa as company you have to make a great product, especially when you show everybody the way Homey will be in video, Tv etc. If you can't handle the positive ment critics, GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN!
    grow up as company, don't start to cry! 
    Watch Steve Jobs his life time line, 
    pack everything together and go for it with twice as much power headed like a laser on a goal!!
  • Totally agree with @Crunch. I have a little brother dead (love it to literally translate Dutch saying in English) to people who feel the urge to publicise their wining, with no constructive proposal whatsoever to help solve the unsatisfying situation.

Go sit in a corner and don't bother the great, brave guys of Athom and its loving community!

• A topic with only kudo's for Athom is just a useless imho. 
  • Hey Athom, still no -1 button coming?  :D

It might be a good idea for you to cancel and Athom has the right to refrain from selling you a Homey in the future if you keep the negativity up.

And you will be paying the full +-€400 for the same Homey (fully functional) in a year so Athom will actually make money on you cancelling!

I'd say go for it, any money Athom gets for free speeds up the process of improvements for the rest of us patient backers.

Thanks for backing.

Tot ziens!
  • @crunch  Edison made more than 900 test for inventing the lightball. everytime he failed he got even more energy for the next try! Real improvement comes from overlooking, critics, try and error. Nobody invent something without one failure!  
    It seems to be the "Idols/ The Voice " age, where everything must be great, even when you can't sing!
  • KyrosNL said:
    Why regret, when the product has "matured" and actually works, you can buy it at the retailshops or order from athom ? O_O
    At some point in the past they have stated that the retail price for which it will be available after the official launch, will definitely be higher than the pre-order price. So if you DO want to purchase a Homey again some time in the future, it will most likely cost you more...
  • @Bumblez ;
    Emile said on the HCC demo the(!) price will be €299 at the big red store.

So do you have proof of your claim? 
  • never forget that for example Fibaro and other competition are not wait, they have taken action.
    In 1 year 1 or 2 simular products will be available.
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited February 2016
    @MarcoF

I definitely do recall a post from Emile where he stated that they would raise the retail price after launch, but I can't seem to find that post right now. All I can find is the info behind the "Get your Homey" button on the main website, which states:

"You will receive your Homey before it sells in-store;
    What you pay now is at least less or equal to the retail price;"

So yeah, "equal to" is apparently still an option, and a price increase isn't guaranteed...
  • @Delta ;

First response:
    divided between a tl;dr or a "ok doei" post.. 

Then it hit me. Without defending Athom in the way they communicate (although  the guys are swamped with work and i do understand that you cannot clone yourself to kill bugs and keep everyone informed) i believe that the product is simply not for you at this moment and you should have done more research before ordering.
    It was quite clear that januari launch date was a goal not a promise. I think i ordered in march or april 2015 and i always knew that the final release would be late and in beta stage. 

What i fail to see is the goal of your posting here. Do you really believe that by cancelling and posting about it everyone would think anything else of the product and the company? You might have a point in the first few reasons you bring up, although i feel different about them. But the second half of your post containing "second hand homeys" and "allot of complaints" is just unfounded. I think you are mistaking complaints with reporting issues and homeys can't fly. 

In your second posting you say "get out of the kitchen"  and " stay focused" in the same sentence. If you are truly happy with the way Jobs his outfit communicated with costumers you should be thrilled with Athoms way of communicating.

• Again:
    I know enough  :)
  • Delta said:
    @crunch  Edison made more than 900 test for inventing the lightball. everytime he failed he got even more energy for the next try! Real improvement comes from overlooking, critics, try and error. Nobody invent something without one failure!  
    It seems to be the "Idols/ The Voice " age, where everything must be great, even when you can't sing!
    I wonder if Edison would ever have made it to 900 if he had people around him constantly complaining about the lack of communication, about everything that didn't work, and about how much more time it took him than originally expected. We'd probably still use candlelight at night...
    Sure, CONSTRUCTIVE feedback is extremely welcome, but just being negative without providing useful suggestions on how to improve, doesn't help anyone.
  • @Bumblez ;
    Please..... 
  • I wonder when the first 'delete this thread' will drop.......
  • I'm having tons of fun with my Homey. Best investment ever  :#

• tunftunf Member
    edited February 2016
    I also have cancelled the order, then orderd again, cancelled again, ordered again, canceld again and orderd again.
    What a men has to do in his spare time while waiting for a homey......
  • Hahahaha @tunf you win the price for 'best post of the day'  :D
  • @kriebelkous you mean Jobs his communication with the people around him.
    The communication outbound is   a example for a lot of companies.
    A lot of people are sucked into the marketing of Apple.
    always deliver what they say
  • I am a negative guy my whole life. Suits my job perfectly. I was too late to order the homey. I will be honest I had some doubts about the voice control because allot of big companies also have trouble to do it perfectly. But I still bought a homey from a "geek-backer" to see for my self how it works and to create stuff for it. There are only 3 others selling now from the 500 (above the normal price) so what are you saying ? I don't know why people complain about marketing stuff because that is normal. The homey works. It can already do things. I am honest to say I don't have my big hopes up for the voice because it's really really hard to do. BUT my opinion about smart home is to do 80/90% of the stuff "automatically". Homey shows already good proces in that (I tested some stuff). Development will be done on software and you already see apps coming out. They nailed the hardware. Maybe some more structured communication would be nice as in what will be fixed when because everyone is opening topics with things that already are mentioned somewhere but hey they are fixing a new website so yeah can wait on that. I will keep on playing and I already see what your biggest issue is: You didn't get the homey :D
  • daylfydaylfy Member
    edited February 2016
    Hoe heb jij je order gecanceld  ?

ik had er 1 in Augustus 2015 besteld maar het duurt mij te lang vertrouwen is compleet weg, geloof er niet meer in. 
    hoop dat ik me geld terug krijg.
    bestel er wel 1 als het goed werkt en dat zie ik de komende jaren echt niet gebeuren.

btw
    Kom op mensen we leven in Nederland waarom in Engels, maak dan lekker een Engels forum aan.
  • rob_houwelingrob_houweling Member
    edited February 2016
    bye bye
  • rob_houwelingrob_houweling Member
    edited February 2016
This discussion has been closed.