This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Dutch language subforum

Is it possible to make a Dutch subforum? My English is not so very well but i want to speak and learn to handel Homey. Hope it is possible.!

Comments

• It would be nice, but I think the community is to small for different language subsections yet....
  • You can look here 
    http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1592614/last
    It is Dutch, but a Dutch sub forum is maybe better. 
  • You can always try on slack, it's less of an issue. (Probeer het anders op Slack, daar zijn ze minder strict).
    You can also try google translate (je kan ook google translate gebruiken)
    or just apologize and post in Dutch. No one will bite your head off. (of even excuseren en gewoon in het Nederlands posten, niemand zal je er op aankijken als je een vraag hebt).
  • It's 2016. Come on guys. At least try to speak English. 
  • Yes it's 2016 and we Dutch people keep on adjusting (as always) to the rest of the world... No offence... We are Dutch..
  • Yes it's 2016 and we Dutch people keep on adjusting (as always) to the rest of the world... No offence... We are Dutch..
    You may be Dutch, this is an english website, adjust. :smile: 

According to the backers locations map, most of the backers are Dutch. Creating a Dutch subforum would result in most people heading over there instead of sharing with the result of the world. This would make it incredibly hard for others outside the Netherlands to get interested or get support for homey. At this point a Dutch subforum would be a very bad idea.

My 2cts
  • When you make a post that takes you 30 minutes to write and Athom misinterpreted that post completely then I take the emergency break writing Dutch.
  • Yeah so you end up backing a kickstarter project form a english website, with a english campain. 

Just wait a little longer, when the product is finished there will be more questions from dutch users. My guess is that then there will be some sort of a dutch subsection. For now, english will do.
  • When you make a post that takes you 30 minutes to write and Athom misinterpreted that post completely then I take the emergency break writing Dutch.

+1
    A simple conversation is one thing, but to understand tech things,   it is difficult to understand, in a differant language......
    I think its a good sulvation om some times ....    toch maar ff in dutch uit te leggen....
    But, i do my best.

On hollydays i talk several languages. no problem.   whit some alcohol.....
    But,   every evening drinking, so i can conversate whit homey......
    (smiles)
  • Agree a Dutch subforum would be disastrous at the moment. There would be literally no discussions in English and the majority of the members would move to the subforum. I would keep it English until the international community are on board. 
    You may be Dutch, this is an english website, adjust. :smile: 

According to the backers locations map, most of the backers are Dutch. Creating a Dutch subforum would result in most people heading over there instead of sharing with the result of the world. This would make it incredibly hard for others outside the Netherlands to get interested or get support for homey. At this point a Dutch subforum would be a very bad idea.

My 2cts
    And they have Google translate too. Of zoals Google translate het zou zeggen : En ze hebben Google translate ook.;)
This discussion has been closed.