This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Learning of NFC tags

Hi,

When adding a flow with NFC tags you can trigger on a tag or on a specific tag. Getting the tag id can be done with a android phone, but it would be nice if you can put the block in learn mode and then present a tag so it can learn the tag id.

Regards,
Patrick

Comments

• Hi Patrick,
    Create the Workflow yourself in les than 2 minutes  ;-) 
    New WorkFlow: ReadNFCTag

If: 
    - A tag has been detected =>
    Than: 
    - Send a push notification: 
       - To {Select your name} 
    Drag the [o tag ID] label from the Left column to the msg box. 

Scan your NFC card and read the ID on your phone/ tablet in the Homey App!
    Homey scans a NUID[4]  mine are 4 byte 12:34:ab:cd long  
    or UID[7] mine are 7 byte 12:34:ab:cd:12:34:56 long and work in other workflows as expected.
    my Android NFC App Crashes on two of these cards (Old ov-Chipcard NUID[4] ) 
    Paper OV-Chip Card (GVB Amsterdam, Mifare  ultralight) UID[7] work and scans same ID in Homey as Android (other notation without semicolumns )

Advanced cards (Passport / RijksPas  (Mifare DESfire EV1 etc.) ) generate a random NUID[4] so don't use these to identify a card :smiley: 
    Even my HTC One smartphone scans as a random 4 byte ID !

Disabe the workfow if you found all ID's for later use...

(Puzzling this already makes me happy :)  )
    Regards, 
    Geurt Dijker
  • Ha, cool. That's a brilliant trick you did there  :)
  • Problem is here: most NFC (in general use items) come back with an different code everytime you scan them.
    only device I found which comes with an identical code so far, is my Swatch Access...
    Even my HTC generates a diffrent code each time ... :-(  and my Iphone is not detectable .... bit that was to be expected).
    So made 2  flows: 1 if detected my watch, and one id detected one with a code which is not my watch ... for the time being.
    I must say Homey is not very sensitive with detecting NFC .... this could be the tag, so are there more experiences with this?
  • Did you try your "OV-Chip" of "contactloos betaalpas"?
    These card have only one code onboard (and maybe some additional application specific info/data)
  • My old/expired "Persoonlijke OV-chipkaart" and an old "wegwerpchipkaart OV GVB Amsterdam" work fine!
    Also a old ID card from an Microsoft Event worked.

Tip Homey on his head and the flow runs.

Other advanced cards like Passport, ING Betaalpas and phone generate Random IDs and are more sensitive for positioning. 
  • I can Google later. But if you do you can find very cheap nfc stickers on Internet. 
  • SommoSommo Member
    do you know some sticker nfc that works with homey?
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/7845/#Comment_7845

The Dutch "ov-chipkaart" should work (if I'm right Emile used it in the walk through) 
  • my nfc in my samsung s6 also works
  • Even a Dutch one-time train ticket works. (Koop een dagkaartje bij de gele automaat en je hebt al een NFC chip.)
  • I tried my 'NS Business Card' and it works great.
  • Cool that you found this 'easter egg'. I asumed it was already known. The first batch found it in january, but it was in a "super secret" forum section, only accesable for the first batch backers... sorry we didn't share this. Just forgot to mention it out in the open.

If you noticed there is a option in the nfc-trigger where you can add the tag-id, it's a result of that finding.

Even expired ov-cards are usefull, as they still contain a unique id :wink: 

• ModBreak:
    This post/discussion is deprecated and therefore closed.
    There is a new central Discussion about NFC here: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/3664/x/p1
    For questions or if someone disagrees, please contact me or one of the Community moderators.
This discussion has been closed.