This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

Homey v1.5.X - Stable

Comments

• dr.jakedr.jake Member
    edited September 2017
    WtF ?? after the auto update to 1.51 all my devices/sensors(about 76) in every room are GONE !! :s
    I don't have time now for this . :/ Going on vacation and homey should have been my guard dog !!! >:)
  • danone said:
    RuudvB said:
    ingmar said:
    Hi, great update but since I am on 1.5.1. I have huge delays with flows being executed. Walking into a room with a fibaro (or aeotec) motion sensor normally switches light on instantly, now it takes about 10-20 seconds. On the app I see the motion triggered right away, but then it is waiting for the light to be turned on... Any ideas what would causing this? Also, what I noticed is that the Zwave network graph is kind of exploded, normally a device would have 1 or 2 lines to the homey, now each device has 5-10 lines? Maybe that's why switching on the light take a while?
    Although not as extreme as your situation, I also experience extra delay with z-wave devices after updating to 1.5.1
    Most devices have an extra 2-3 seconds before responding....
    Same!  :'( Some devices takes 2-3 seconds to respond, others more like 5-10 seconds and most of them instant response. Then once a device is switch on/off the response time is fast. Then again after a while left alone, the same device takes long time to respond.
    all since 1.5.1
    I have the exact same behaviour :(

• dr.jake said:
    WtF ?? after the auto update to 1.51 all my devices/sensors(about 76) in every room are GONE !! :s
    I don't have time now for this . :/ Going on vacation and homey should have been my guard dog !!! >:)
    Huh...? Very strange.... Maybe you could try a reset? Pull the plug, wait half a minute and start over. Sometimes this works miracles.
  • This is why I disabled auto update, apps included. Experienced just before my holiday issues with BetterLogic messing up lots of my flows.
  • OetAelse said:
    This is why I disabled auto update, apps included. Experienced just before my holiday issues with BetterLogic messing up lots of my flows.
    Solid policy! I have this disabled myself for system updates. When a new version comes along I wait several days before installing. During these days I monitor this forum to find out how stable the new versions turns out to be.
    When no "scary" thing pop up I do the update myself. I just don't like auto updates for complex systems.

The apps I do have on auto update. When one should break, I would not expect the impact to be too massive.
  • dr.jakedr.jake Member
    edited September 2017
    RuudvB said:
    dr.jake said:
    Huh...? Very strange.... Maybe you could try a reset? Pull the plug, wait half a minute and start over. Sometimes this works miracles.
    Nope ! and now it even doesn`t connect = Offline.
    Only a pulsing red circle light after its starts with yellow circeling light for 5 minutes.
    I had Homey unplugged from power the whole last night and when I woke Up i plugged it in again.
    Can you image how f*cked-*p this is ? (especially now when I am flying on vacation in a few days and don't have the time to rebuild everything from scratch . (some zwave devices are also built-in (walls etc.) or almost unreachable. HELP !!!!!!! If I really will have to start from scratch I will throw it out of the window(10m height0 an buy a HC2(after my vacation). Or maybe I get an Apple Siri speaker when I am in Cupertino  B) . (Alexa (Dot) I already have one.)
  • Could both of you please send an email to support@athom.com, and invite me to your homeys on “jeroen+support@athom.com” for some remote diagnostics, and an attempt to restore a backup?
  • djeskodjesko Member
    edited September 2017
    @JeroenVollenbrock

Got the same problem after a power failure last night  , i have send a support case 4603   ( devices gone)

Br Niklas
  • zimbra said:
    danone said:
    RuudvB said:
    ingmar said:
    Hi, great update but since I am on 1.5.1. I have huge delays with flows being executed. Walking into a room with a fibaro (or aeotec) motion sensor normally switches light on instantly, now it takes about 10-20 seconds. On the app I see the motion triggered right away, but then it is waiting for the light to be turned on... Any ideas what would causing this? Also, what I noticed is that the Zwave network graph is kind of exploded, normally a device would have 1 or 2 lines to the homey, now each device has 5-10 lines? Maybe that's why switching on the light take a while?
    Although not as extreme as your situation, I also experience extra delay with z-wave devices after updating to 1.5.1
    Same!  :'( Some devices takes 2-3 seconds to respond, others more like 5-10 seconds and most of them instant response. Then once a device is switch on/off the response time is fast. Then again after a while left alone, the same device takes long time to respond.
    all since 1.5.1

Same here... although this was also the case with older releases the last three months or so. Homey is getting slower. Maybe its a good idea to compare Homey setups to see what might be the most likely cause? It could be the sheer number of apps/devices/flows being installed but it could also be a single misbehaving app. Thinking of this, while ZWave is responding a bit slow these days KlikAanKlikUit devices still respond almost instantly.
  • all devices are back ,  great support !  
  • home78 said:
    zimbra said:
    danone said:
    RuudvB said:
    ingmar said:
    all since 1.5.1

Same here... although this was also the case with older releases the last three months or so. Homey is getting slower. Maybe its a good idea to compare Homey setups to see what might be the most likely cause? It could be the sheer number of apps/devices/flows being installed but it could also be a single misbehaving app. Thinking of this, while ZWave is responding a bit slow these days KlikAanKlikUit devices still respond almost instantly.

Can you check, on the moment when it is very slow, the processQueue amount? see settings > zwave > geeks > state:   {"zw_state":{"stats":{"processmanager":{"processQueue":0},"commands":{"commandsQueue":0}}

• dr.jakedr.jake Member
    edited September 2017
    Could both of you please send an email to support@athom.com, and invite me to your homeys on “jeroen+support@athom.com” for some remote diagnostics, and an attempt to restore a backup?
    I will/would like try but I don't know how and Homey is (always) offline now. :|
  • djesko said:
    all devices are back ,  great support !  
    HOW ???? Please ???
  • dr.jakedr.jake Member
    edited September 2017
    home78 said:
    zimbra said:
    danone said:
    RuudvB said:
    ingmar said:
    all since 1.5.1

I bought Homey just BECAUSE of the support of so many devices & standards and don't want to hear that it is not capable of running them at the same time. I have aprox 62 apps . Maybe its time for a Homey 2.0 then with an atom CPU and 2 or 3 GB memory and 32 GB storage (Micro-SD).
  • email support, 
  • @dr.jake send an email to support@athom.com mention the issue, request of Jeroen and the cloudID of your Homey (shown in settings stuff for geeks)...

in addition add jeroen+support@athom.com as additional user to your Homey

• dr.jakedr.jake Member
    edited September 2017
    @dr.jake send an email to support@athom.com mention the issue, request of Jeroen and the cloudID of your Homey (shown in settings stuff for geeks)...

OK. I would really like to do that,what you are saying, but my homey is OFFLINE !! Every time I restart it the same : Offline !!
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited September 2017
    dr.jake said:
    @dr.jake send an email to support@athom.com mention the issue, request of Jeroen and the cloudID of your Homey (shown in settings stuff for geeks)...

OK. I woulkd really like to do that,what you are saying, but my homey is OFFLINE !! Every time I restart it the same : Offline !!
    And when Homey is offline you can't email support? Instead of posting all these posts Athom already has asked to contact them directly if you don't do that they can't help you. If remote will be not possible Athom will find another solution with you to help but you need to contact them so start by contacting the support of Athom
  • dr.jake said:

OK. I woulkd really like to do that,what you are saying, but my homey is OFFLINE !! Every time I restart it the same : Offline !!
    And when Homey is offline you can't email support? Instead of posting all these posts Athom already has asked to contact them directly if you don't do that they can't help you. If remote will be not possible Athom will find another solution with you to help but you need to contact them so start by contacting the support of Athom
    OK.
    I will do / try that tomorrow. Now I am at work.
  • dr.jake said:
    dr.jake said:

OK.
    I will do / try that tomorrow. Now I am at work.
    Good to hear, i'm sure they can help you one way or another! For now good luck at work i will take a look if my bed is still there :) 
  • Hi All, has anyone run into the issue that 433Mhz (KAKU) range has decreased a lot since the stable version? on 1.3.1 and all experimental versions I could control the lights in my garden through KAKU, since the update it will urn on sometimes, but tuning it off wont wok at all. any thoughts on how I could fix this?
  • Not for me... Did you try a PTP (pull the plug)? Did anything change around your place, extra devices, new television, magentron or fridge?
  • will try a PTP when I get home, and no no devices have been added, just the update, and noticed afterward, did already reset the microcontroller but that didnt work. checked if it was the plug itself, but the remote works fine
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited September 2017
    Thanks for the update.

What does:
    • Add PM2.5 capability to sensor class
    mean?

Found it :-)

PM2.5 fijnstof deeltjes meten

PM2.5 – Particulate matter 2.5 microns and below. 

• bartglim said:
    will try a PTP when I get home, and no no devices have been added, just the update, and noticed afterward, did already reset the microcontroller but that didnt work. checked if it was the plug itself, but the remote works fine
    It is my understanding that the interpretation of 433mhz signals is a very complex process. Signals from many vendors need to be distinguished from noise. We don't know if a device is received loud and clear or barely audible. By tweaking the interpretation, the results may slightly change. 

The best way to determine is the signal quality is an issue is to move the homey within a meter or 2 of the device and see if there is a difference. If not, remove and add the device again.
  • Could both of you please send an email to support@athom.com, and invite me to your homeys on “jeroen+support@athom.com” for some remote diagnostics, and an attempt to restore a backup?
    I've send now an email to support@athom.com (case number 4613) and also added you and support to Homey as user.
    I had to reset the wifi-settings to get it online again and after that it offered me an update (to 1.52) that I did/allowed to do. But still now devices and flows : everything gone exept my room(name)s.

HELP !!

• dr.jake said:
    Could both of you please send an email to support@athom.com, and invite me to your homeys on “jeroen+support@athom.com” for some remote diagnostics, and an attempt to restore a backup?
    I've send now an email to support@athom.com (case number 4613) and also added you and support to Homey as user.
    I had to reset the wifi-settings to get it online again and after that it offered me an update (to 1.52) that I did/allowed to do. But still now devices and flows : everything gone exept my room(name)s.

HELP !!

They will respond within two days but i have asked in our moderators channel to take a look at your email faster. For now i guess it's waiting until tomorrow or maybe someone is late at Athom :) 
  • Plz make sure u added just 1 user with the full name between the "" above.
    So just add “jeroen+support@athom.com” as user.
  • Plz make sure u added just 1 user with the full name between the "" above.
    So just add “jeroen+support@athom.com” as user.
    I did. Status : "wachten op bevestiging"..
  • Any people having issues with speech recognition? Since the latest (or 5.1-2) almost none of my spoken commands are taken. Homey goes white, spins a few and returns to rainbow. Also the "what hears homey page" stays blank.
This discussion has been closed.