This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Homey Harmony Hub v1.2.0

jreenenjreenen Member
edited September 2017 in Apps

Homey Harmony Hub

At the moment this project supports:

• Pairing of devices connected to the harmony hub
  • A mobile card supporting the power toggle functionality of the device
  • An action card for sending a specific command to the Harmony device using homey flows.
  • Action cards for starting/stopping a hub activity
  • Condition card to check if device is/isn't turned on
  • Trigger cards for device is turned on/off
  • Trigger cards for activity is started/stopped
  • Syncing the device on/off state based on the current hub activity
  • Picking up activity changes from external sources (e.g. the Logitech Harmony Remote)

Bugs/Feature requests

Found a bug or want to request a feature feel free to create an issue here: https://github.com/jreenen/com.jreenen.homeyharmonyhub/issues 

Future releases

At the moment there is no real roadmap but for the upcoming release you can expect the following:

• Pick an icon you want to use for your device during pairing.
  • Command send trigger card.
  • ...... create an issue on Github with a Feature request label an who knows your feature will be in the next release!

Version history

v1.2.0

For improved stability and future features, a new connection library has been written for the Homey Harmony App.

If an activity has been started/stopped by an external source (e.g. the Logitech Harmony Remote), the app picks up on this event and updates the device states accordingly and triggers the applicable flow cards.

You can now use a flow condition card for your device to check if it is/isn't turned on.

v1.1.1

Hotfix release, some users experiencing an error "Error: MAX_CLIENTS=6"

v1.1.0

Pairing of devices connected to the harmony hub A mobile card supporting the power toggle functionality of the device An action card for sending a specific command to the Harmony device using homey flows. Action cards for starting/stopping a hub activity Trigger cards for device is turned on/off Trigger cards for activity is started/stopped Syncing the device on-off state based on the current hub activity

v1.0.0

Initial release (never hit the Athom store)

Github link: https://github.com/jreenen/com.jreenen.homeyharmonyhub

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi Jeroen,

thx for this awesome build.
    Just installed it and it sure has a lot of potential.

The Former Harmony Hub app isn't  being actively worked on anymore and it fails in 1.5
    But this one works even nicer with al the devices apart.

For what I've seen so far it's fast and stable.

The only thing i personally mis is the option for Triggers.
    I like to turn on al my Hue Light to Brightness when I power of my Media stuff in the evening.

Keep up the good work and Thx for actively working on such a nice app

thx
    Thijs
  • jreenen said:

This project is in very early stage of development. At the moment this project supports:

• Pairing of devices connected to the harmony hub
    • A mobile card supporting the power toggle functionality of the device
    • An action card for sending a specific command to the Harmony device using homey flows.

Future releases

At the moment there is no real roadmap but for the upcoming release you can expect the following:

• Support for Harmony Hub activities
    • More flow cards (triggers, conditions, and actions)
    • More device type icons (right now only GameConsoleWithDvd, television, stereo receiver, and PVR have a custom icon assigned)
    Github link: https://github.com/jreenen/com.jreenen.homeyharmonyhub

Yeah, go forward. Great news!!!
  • At the moment I am rounding up on v1.1.0, this version does have support for activities and contains triggers (activity started/stopped and the device is turned on/off). Also, a crash issue with an unstable hub connection is solved in this version. If you want to use that version switch to the develop branch on GitHub.
  • After Tuesday the speed I can provide updates/comments will decrease for 10 days because of my holiday plans.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited August 2017
    jreenen said:
    At the moment I am rounding up on v1.1.0, this version does have support for activities and contains triggers (activity started/stopped and the device is turned on/off). Also, a crash issue with an unstable hub connection is solved in this version. If you want to use that version switch to the develop branch on GitHub.
    Cool, going very fast with the development apparently! :+1:

jreenen said:
    After Tuesday the speed I can provide updates/comments will decrease for 10 days because of my holiday plans.
    Enjoy the holiday!  :)
  • NIZE will install tonight

thx

have a great holiday 
  • Submitted v1.1.0 for approval and edited this post <span>:smile:</span>
  • Just updated to 1.1.0
    THERE BE TRIGGERS

Nice
    Thx
  • Beer on your way  :)

• Thanks! @tcarnal much appreciated!!  
  • Havent tested it yet but based on the announcement it looks really promising and will dive into it when I have some more time. Small donation on it's way from me as well .. :+1:
  • Thanks @Phuturist !!!
  • Can't wait to test it, once back from vacation! 
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited August 2017
    Just installed 1.1.0, but it 'partially' crashes when starting.
    It keeps running but I get a message that it crashed.
    When I run it instead of installing it, it doesn't show any errors

I got a notification on my phone with the error:

When I try to search for hubs, it doesn't find any.

I do have the other Harmony app installed, but I disabled it, don't know if that matters?
  • I havnt got those issues
    i had issues when I had the other hub app installed, that kept crashing and I removed it

later I wanted to install 1.1.0 but due to a mistake I did on my pjoeter I deleted it from homey and installed it clean, no hub apps installed on homey

maybe the reason I havnt got your issue
  • Hm...
    I'll take the risk of messing up my flows and remove the old app to see if that fixes it :)
  • Did the same hahaha
    pressed delete with my eyes closed
  • Deleting the app didn't solve the crashes. After googling the EADDRINUSE error, it seems like the address/port is locked by another process.
    So I did the default IT problem solver and rebooted Homey  :p
    Crash is gone now, but it can't find any hubs :s  
  • Hahahaha

did You try restarting your hub as well?
  • No, I'm on vacation, so I'm doing remote experimenting/troubleshooting for the moment  :#

Seems like there's no way to reboot the hub remotely  :/
  • Not some neighbor feeding the cat ? Hehehe
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited August 2017
    Yeah, my parents, but they did that this afternoon already.  I'll have to wait until tomorrow now :disappointed:
  • @Fire69 Been able to solve the issue you had on the locked port?
  • jreenen said:
    @Fire69 Been able to solve the issue you had on the locked port?
    Locked port is solved I think, I don't get any error messages (or crash notifications).
    But the app doesn't find my hub.  Don't know if rebooting my hub will have any effect (haven't had the possibility to do a powercycle yet)
  • Hope a power cycle does the trick, please keep me informed about this issue you are facing.
  • Hi jeroen

for Some reason the triggers wont do What they suppose todo
    as in nothing

have tried with, activity stopped
    and device power of as trigger but both won't start the flow attached
  • @tcarnal That smells like a bug, can you send me the details of the flow you are using in a PM on this forum?
  • Crashes or loosing connection after every start or ending activity. Made a candy flow wich restart the app every two minutes now. 

• hrchrc Member
    @jreenen Thanks for the great app!!.
    The problem i am facing is that only my tv and pvr is working but not the openhaard and wii device. (added red cross)

• @jreenen thx slot! Really pleased with the support of activities. All my flows are working again!