Welcome to the Athom Community Forum! This is a place to share ideas, ask for help and discuss about Homey in general.

Please read Welcome to the forum to get started.
Closed Solved

Ring Pro - not working

hnijveenhnijveen Member
edited June 11 in Marketplace
I ordered a Ring Pro, it just did not work (I'm not tech gifted). The Ring Pro just did not fully completed it's setup ( in app process). Ring decided to send me a replacement and now I'm stuck with a maybe broken Ring Pro. I'm reluctant to throw it away, so if you interested I can send to to you if you think it is of any use for you and are able to repair it. Let me know.
Tagged:

Comments

• First and most IMPORTANT Step is when you setup the Ring that you cancel in the Setup the Chimes, you have to selected non Chime,thats so important because your Fuse (Red Line)  broke then in 1 or 2 Minutes. How is your Voltage? Mine had a 16V Converter, with the standard 8V Converter the Ring to this and aborted the installation and the Fuse brokes. Hope i can help you
  • hnijveenhnijveen Member
    edited November 2016
    No no, I'm fine. The replacement Ring Pro is in place and working great. It is just the not working Ring Pro. Ring did not ask me to send it back, ..
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Backer - Super Early Bird
    I'm interrested, I'll send you a pm.

• ok, great
  • I think you dont have understand me:) i mean this that you are not broke the second Ring too, i have the same problem, then i have see later the fuse is broken, but when you change the fuse with a new one the Ring works how before without problems, but only when you change your option in the setup without chime.that i mean that was a tip for you not more:)
    edited November 2016
    Thx @brot84 . I will send the Ring Pro to @DaneeDeKruyff (full set). Let's make it work.
    @DaneeDeKrufff send me your address.
  • leadsratingleadsrating Member
    edited June 12
    Unfortunately, a lot of buyers are reporting that their video doorbells aren't working as the way it should. I've personally owned the Ring Pro and the Skybell HD and both turned out to be not what I expected them to be. But in the battle of Ring Pro vs Skybell HD, I'd say that Ring Pro wins easily. Today, that's the most advanced smart video doorbell on the market.
  • I'd say that Ring Pro wins easily. Today, that's the most advanced smart video doorbell on the market.
    I disagree, that would be the Doorbird as it also support ONVIF and can act as a security cam. But this also results in a higher price tag and perhaps not the most elegant device.
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Moderator, Homey Ambassador
    edited June 11
    Phuturist said:
    I'd say that Ring Pro wins easily. Today, that's the most advanced smart video doorbell on the market.
    I disagree, that would be the Doorbird as it also support ONVIF and can act as a security cam. But this also results in a higher price tag and perhaps not the most elegant device.
    Here also bought the doorbird because of the ONVIF support for my synology surveillance station to combine it with my other camera's -> Doorbird vs Ring Pro

@hnijveen can you let us know when ithe item is sold so we can close this topic?  Also placed your topic in the marketplace section because you are selling something :)
    Close the topic, I did not sell it. It was a fee gift.
  • anneanne Member
    To chime in, it isn't easy to find the right video doorbell. The Doorbird is too wide for my doorframe, and I'd rather not have the monthly fees for cloud storage of the Ring Pro. The problem is not only the recurring fee itself, but also the introduction of yet another platform. You should have the flexibility to store your camera footage anywhere you like.

I have been eyeballing the Dbell (https://www.dbell.ca/), it seems to be a viable alternative, although you'd need to order it from the US and with import tax it does become an expensive option :-/

It does seem to compare favorably to the Ring Pro, supports onvif and doesn't come with monthly fees for cloud storage. It doesn't come with an API, but with onvif support you may not miss it.

Anyway, it would be good to have more options.

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Moderator, Homey Ambassador
    hnijveen said:
    Close the topic, I did not sell it. It was a fee gift.
    Closed the topic
This discussion has been closed.