This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

What do I do wrong here?

JonJon Member
edited September 2016 in Archive
See the below flow. I have set that my sunscreen moves up when luminance drops > 200 lux.
Yet, while the luminance is currently 56 lux, it does not run the flow. When testing it, it mentions that the luminance requirement is not being met (???).
Any of you guys has an idea why?

As you can see here, the Luminantie and Temperatuur are the only variables available, when I start to type in the 'value' box so imho it's not a issue of the wrong(ly typed) variable name.

Comments

• Can you also share the flow that populates the Luminantie variable? 
  • Hi @MartijnDeRhoter what do you exactly mean by that? Do I need another flow to combine with it? 
  • Luminatie must be set by the LUX that has changed.
    So you need a flow:
    When "helderheid veranderd" set Luminatie to ""LUX"
    in that flow you drag the black LUX to the space that sets the Luminatie.

Does that sounds logical?
    Otherwise I can try in dutch :blush: 
  • JonJon Member
    edited September 2016
    Luminatie must be set by the LUX that has changed.
    So you need a flow:

Otherwise I can try in dutch blush 
    Perhaps best explained with a screenshot of that flow, if you could make that please?
    Aha, you mean something like this?

• 1:
    So what IS the value in your variable? is it below 200 now? (since your using better logic this would be very easy to see in the settings)

2:
    But why use a variable anyway if you use "de helderheid is veranderd" card you can use the tag in the default logic "if less then" card
  • caseda said:
    1:
    So what IS the value in your variable? is it below 200 now? (since your using better logic this would be very easy to see in the settings)

2:
    But why use a variable anyway if you use "de helderheid is veranderd" card you can use the tag in the default logic "if less then" card
    1. Yes, like the 1st screenshot shows, it was/is 56 lx.
    2. I've tried that, but that does not work either...
  • Jon said:
    Luminatie must be set by the LUX that has changed.
    So you need a flow:

Otherwise I can try in dutch blush 
    Perhaps best explained with a screenshot of that flow, if you could make that please?
    Aha, you mean something like this?

Yes

• casedacaseda Member
    edited September 2016
    No the 56 lux is the value that is inside the "lux" tag you see hanging on the [IF] card.

You will need to process this tag first by 1 setting it in a variable (this needs a extra flow
    1: [IF] Helderheid is veranderd [THEN] Set a variable (Luminantie)
    2: [IF] Variable has Changed (as your trigger in the flow that you have now)

Did not work, did you use the better logic? like you are doing now, or the Default that comes with Homey already

• Hmm, clearly this is still too fuzzy for me ;)
    I've now these 2 flows, but when testing it, it still does not yield the desired result.

1.jpg 102.3K
    2.jpg 130.3K
  • You could test it, by putting a lamp near the sensor.
    Otherwise nothing has changed...
    The test button doesn't start  new LUX-meting.

• okay, so in essence/theory, the 2 flows combined should make it work?
  • yes
    that shoulld work
  • JonJon Member
    edited September 2016
    So I don't do anything with the 2 black 'value' tags on the 'a variable changed' card?
    By the way, what is their use then?
  • okay, I think I've made it work with these 2 flows:

01.jpg 102.3K
    03.jpg 122.4K
  • that should work!
  • that should work!
    Thanks for your help!
    And of course @caseda and @MartijnDeRhoter ;)
  • No problem, that's what the forum is all about
  • Keep us posted!
  • I wonder how the average Joe who is supposed to buy Homey is going to create these 'basic' flows? I don't know when homey is ready to be bought by the public but they need to change the flow editor fast. Move in a blockly type of interface!
  • JonJon Member
    edited September 2016
    Yes, exactly my thoughts! This current flow editor is only understandable by people who know at least some basic programming principles. 
    Definitely not the average consumer! (@stefan, @Emile)

EDIT: it seems that I can't tag Stephan and Emile anymore...  Have they abandoned this forum?? 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited September 2016
    They seem tagged in your post. This should work indeed.

Afaik there will be some global variables: like temperature (average of all sensors). Luminance can be a global variable too but which sensors should be included? Average of inside and outside? And how does Homey know which are inside and which are outside? And do you add the wunderground UV-values for example?

Sorry, wasn't here yesterday-evening but the flow you worked to was posted a couple of times already, I did this two days ago for the last time. So what's important: A decent search-function on this forum and good examples in the documentation...
  • Yes, a decent search option is vital, but Athom thinks otherwise until now.

Maybe a challenge for @annemarie ?

(Autocompletion on tagging seems to be broken on IE)

• They seem tagged in your post. This should work indeed.

Afaik there will be some global variables: like temperature (average of all sensors). Luminance can be a global variable too but which sensors should be included? Average of inside and outside? And how does Homey know which are inside and which are outside? And do you add the wunderground UV-values for example?

Sorry, wasn't here yesterday-evening but the flow you worked to was posted a couple of times already, I did this two days ago for the last time. So what's important: A decent search-function on this forum and good examples in the documentation...

From mobile, clicking on their names did not work. Now on desktop it works indeed. Thanks.
    Still think it will be very wise of @Athom do implement a set of template flows with noob explanation for this - a little more advanced - type of flows.
  • Yes, a decent search option is vital, but Athom thinks otherwise until now.

Maybe a challenge for @annemarie ?

(Autocompletion on tagging seems to be broken on IE)

https://athomcommunity.slack.com/archives/general/p1473401739000454

• Jon said:
    Yes, exactly my thoughts! This current flow editor is only understandable by people who know at least some basic programming principles. 

EDIT: it seems that I can't tag Stephan and Emile anymore...  Have they abandoned this forum?? 
    Any specific reason you use BetterLogic in your flow?
    Just use (in example):
    [IF] Lux is veranderd
    [AND] Tijd is later dan 17:45
    [AND] Logica (lux is lager dan 200)
    [THEN] Rolluiken omlaag

Sometimes you can also drag the Lux card to the [AND] column on which you can state 'lux lager dan'.

• Jon said:

Any specific reason you use BetterLogic in your flow?
    Just use (in example):
    [IF] Lux is veranderd
    [AND] Tijd is later dan 17:45
    [AND] Logica (lux is lager dan 200)
    [THEN] Rolluiken omlaag

Sometimes you can also drag the Lux card to the [AND] column on which you can state 'lux lager dan'.

I don't think there was a specific reason. But i think with the normal logic block it didn't work (not really sure about that though, since I've tried so many options...).
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited September 2016
    Jon said:
    okay, I think I've made it work with these 2 flows:

Actually this flow and the flow of caseda (and my previous flow) are not the most ideale flow as now Homey keeps sending the "omhoog" signal. This clutters up the frequence-spectrum, may wear out your electronics, wear out Homey and may damage your health (... if you believe in this). On further consideration I think the following flows would be best:

[IF] Lux is veranderd
    [THEN] fluxvar=luxvar
    [THEN after 2 seconds] luxvar=Lux

[IF] luxvar is changed
    [AND] Time is later then 17:45
    [AND] fluxvar > 200
    [AND] luxvar < 201
    [THEN] Rolluiken omlaag

[IF] luxvar is changed
    [AND] Time is later then17:45
    [AND] fluxvar < 200
    [AND] luxvar > 201
    [THEN] Rolluiken omhoog

This way the "up" and "down" signals are only send once. Also, it prevents odd behaviour when lux = 200...
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited September 2016
    @BasVanDenBosch
    There are several options to only send it once besides yours, like:

1: [IF] Lux has changed
    [AND] Time is later then 17:45
    [AND] Lux = less then 200
    [AND] rolluik_stand = up/true
    [THEN] Roluik Omlaag
    [THEN] set rolluik_stand = down/false

2: [IF] luxvar is changed
    [AND] Time is later then 06:00
    [AND] Lux = more then 200
    [AND] rolluik_stand = down/false
    [THEN] Rolluik Omhoog
    [THEN] set rolluik_stand = up/true

this way you can see in homey if the "rolluik" is up or not, and use that in multiple flows, like when sun is shining.
    if you use z-wave for your roller shutters, you can just use the device's state instead of a variable for this.
  • I use somfy for one shutter, but I think that somfy also reports it's status (up/down) to homey, though it's not z-wave. 
  • I didn't know about somfy, don't have it myself, but you definitely you can use that as well (then it even doesn't get send when it was put down manually)
This discussion has been closed.