This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How to add user to Homey so I can use their phone to send a notification to?

Apparently I fail to see the logic. Let's say my Name is Jan Janssen. I have created an account @ Homey, I have registered using my e-mail adress, jan.janssen@fakemail.com and when I go to settings - users, I see: Jan Janssen (ik), as owner, with my e-mail adress. 

I installed the Homey app on my phone, logged on to that app using my Homey account, and now I can send notifications to my phone. Easy-peasy. 

Now we introduce my wife. Let's call her jessica. her e-mail adress is jessica.janssen@fakemail.com. So I thought, well, in the settings - users section, I will give her access to my Homey, so that I can use her presence/not being present in some flows. So, what I did was, I input her emailadress and it said 'waiting for verification'. She received the email, clicked on the link, and that's that. 

That's great and all, but then it continues to ask her to log in. Using the emailaccount credentials does not work (obviously). Using MY credentials works, but it shows her account with my name, so it is: 

Jan Janssen
jessica.janssen@fakemail.com. 

So now I have two accounts in the user settings, both have the name Jan Janssen, but with different email adresses, one time my adress, one time her adress. That's great and all, but that's not what I want. I want her name to be there. I tested this with a flow, to send a notification but all the Homey 'sees' is my phone, which is an OnePlus 3T. Her phone, which is an iPhone 7, is not present. 

So I thought, well, maybe she needs to have her own Homey account. So I created one for her. That still does not have the desired result, as she now has a Homey account, but using that account to log on to the Homey app on her iPhone, still does not give me the option of selecting her phone for a notification in the flows. 

So, what do I want? I want to be able to send notifications to her iPhone. I thought I could achieve this by adding her to the users of my Homey, but apparently not. This can't be THIS difficult. I totally realise I am missing some very obvious logic here but my stupid ass fails to recognize what I am missing. 

Anyone? 

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited August 2017
    She needs to have a Athom account, that email adress needs to be added in Homey and needs to be used to login into the Homey app on her phone. 

So in steps:

1. Create an Athom account on a different mail adres with your wife's name Jessica
    2. Add that mail adress to Homey under settings - users
    3. Use your wife her account to use the Homey app on her phone

After this it should work otherwise contact support@athom.com or maybe another user has a bright idea :) 

More info on the athom support page:
    https://www.athom.com/en/support/KB000022/
  • Just_A_UserJust_A_User Member
    edited August 2017
    She needs to have a Athom account, that email adress needs to be added in Homey and needs to be used to login into the Homey app on her phone. 

So in steps:

1. Create an Athom account on a different mail adres with your wife's name Jessica
    2. Add that mail adress to Homey under settings - users
    3. Use your wife her account to use the Homey app on her phone

After this it should work otherwise contact support@athom.com or maybe another user has a bright idea :) 

More info on the athom support page:
    https://www.athom.com/en/support/KB000022/
    Did step 1. 
    Did step 2. When I do step 2, MY NAME is shown with HER e-mail adress??? 
    Did step 3. When I do step 3, it sees NO Homey even though I have added her. 

I've got it to work so far that I now can select HER phone to send a notification to, but, it's under my name. As long as I can select the phone, that's not really an issue, but when I want to add Aanwezigheid in a flow, it only lets me select names. In this situation I see my own name twice, which is not logical. 

I really don't see what the problem is here. I most certainly do NOT understand what is happening at step 2. What I see now when I go to Gebruikers: 

Jan Janssen (ik) 
    Eigenaar | jan.janssen@fakemail.com 

Jan Janssen
    Gebruiker | jessica.janssen@fakemail.com 

I seriously don't understand why my name is in there twice instead of the 2nd account being her name. I really don't get that. 

Jezus christ. I just had a lightbulb moment (one that was not triggered by Homey ;-) ). For some reason, after I created a Homey account for my wife, I logged on with MY account. So, when I got the e-mail invitation, when I clicked it, it directed me to the athom accounts page, on which I was logged on, instead of my wife. That was the reason why I saw my name twice.

I changed that, and now I have the name of my wife in the Homey app @ PC, and I see her name in the flows, and it works because I just tested it. 

You can close this thread if you want! 
  • I guess  you filed in your name when  you created the second (her) Athom account.
    Log on to https://accounts.athom.com/ with HER email and password and check/change the name.
  • I guess  you filed in your name when  you created the second (her) Athom account.
    Log on to https://accounts.athom.com/ with HER email and password and check/change the name.
    Yes, this was the problem, I just figured that out 2 minutes ago :smiley:
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited August 2017
    Not trying to steal the topic....but... (he he)
    I have never managed to sent a push message.

If I test this flow, all my devices show a green tick:

None get a notification...?!?

Oddly enough, I see my Homey has zero users:

So, who is logged in than??
  • RamonRamon Member
    edited August 2017
    Eternity said:
    Not trying to steal the topic....but... (he he)
    I have never managed to sent a push message.

If I test this flow, all my devices show a green tick:

None get a notification...?!?

Oddly enough, I see my Homey has zero users:

So, who is logged in than??
    @Eternity ( i think) that are the notifications you have from users b.v a user left home, user went to bed, or users that supposed to be home. Within the app under your Avater you receive messages, and respond with the second picture... it's not meaning how many users (accounts) you have on your homey
  • GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited August 2017
    No need to check Notifications,  there are no notifications for users or presence ( anymore) probably cleared  and nothing to do with Push msg. (beside you can Push Msg a Notification by checking the box there)

Install the App on all 3 phones/tablets and log in each with different Athom account for teach user.
    You (Owner) should Check and remove old Mobile devices here https://my.athom.com/#/phones

Update the Flow to select the correct mobile devices.

• Eh, I have re read both answers several times, but am probably too tired to understand..
    edited August 2017
    So, re re read the answers :-)

On my phoneI have
    - removed the Homey and reinstalled it
    - logged in with my credentials and see my Homey there

On my computer I have
    - removed all instances of my OnePlus3, and - to make sure - also my Lenovo Tabs in the Homey phone interface
    - found my OnePlus3 phone in the interface after login in on my phone (lenovo's tab's are all gone!)
    - made a flow to send a push message to my Oneplus3
    - see a green tick when I test the flow
    - don't see/receive anything on my phone...BUT... the iPhone does get a message!

So, it must be my OnePlus3 / an android issue and not Homey!
    I will investigate that further.

Thanks for the help and suggestions!

PS
    BTW, I do see more phones in the flow editor pull down selector, than I have in my Homey account:How is that possible? 
    How do I remove obsolete phones?
    => solved by login into the other accounts!
  • @Eternity
    You can delete those "obsolete" phone on https://my.athom.com/#/phones in you're account

• Thanks @mbalik79
    In my account they were gone, but I had to log into my kids accounts and delete the old phones there.

Solved the obsolete phones!

• Eternity said:

So, it must be my OnePlus3 / an android issue and not Homey!

Hmm, strange, because actually getting a notification works fine on my phone. I have a OnePlus 3T with the most recent updates on it, and it works fine for me? 
    edited August 2017
    Seems that I am not the onlyone
    https://www.google.nl/search?q=op3+notifications+don%27t+work&oq=op3+notifications+don%27t+work&aqs=chrome..69i57.11147j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

and a (half) fix: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/push-notification-issues.451149/

Somehow I fixed it (re-rooted and tweaked various setting on mu OP3).
    This was not Homey related :-)